Math Now Series
What Math Now Offers
- Conceptual understanding combined with procedural fluency
- Connections to broader disciplines and everyday contexts
- Development of Social Emotional Learning (SEL) skills
- Coding support for teachers
- STEM integration
- Practise problems on key concepts
- Probing questions to initiate discussion, reveal misconceptions and reinforce understanding
- Problem solving opportunities with real-life contexts
- Applications of the mathematical modelling process
- Differentiated and ELL instruction strategies, including readiness indicators
- Assessment strategies and tools to evaluate and report students’ achievement
- Videos and websites, recommended to enhance learning
Dr. Marc Husband
Managing Editor – Dr. Marietta Bloch
Mathematics Advisor – Dr. Marc Husband
Substantive Editor – Jodi Rauch
Copyeditor – Gerrie Storr
Learning Platform Design – Dr. Jovian Wat
Illustrations – Pottery Chan
Why Math Now is Your Best Choice
Every lesson follows consistent organization:
Prepare students cognitively for the main lesson task.
Collaboratively solve problems that require applying the concepts and skills of the lesson.
Consolidate ideas and understanding, and express mathematical thinking to peers.
Students reflect on their learning and build confidence, proficiency and fluency in mathematics.
Discussion prompts that generate higher-order thinking are used to facilitate learning throughout the Resource.
Sample probing questions are purposefully prepared to engage students in meaningful discussions.
Practising Fundamentals questions are part of each lesson, with printable versions also included.
Teachers have access to all the materials across Grades 1 to 8. This eases teaching of combined grades and, with just a convenient click, teachers can refer to a lesson where a concept or skill was previously taught—no need for a whole new search or hunting through a textbook, or delaying students’ getting the support they need to review or learn a concept.
Visit GTK Learning Portal